Friday, November 05, 2004

Morning Walk

Morning Walk

The world seems to have transformed this morning. There is a carpet of yellow covering almost every inch of the way on my usual path. The rain has softened the leaves to a soft shawl for the earth. “Out with the ole” is the thought that crosses my mind. Nature shedding her garb to don a new one. I envy her – such lovely colors and shades – not bored a single day with what she wears is she? Not too long ago green was in, of all shades and hues. Then we had the pinks and maroons & browns and golds and all the shades in between. Like a fashion show in progress, inspiring everyone from designers to poets.
Now it has all evened out to a common yellow. I feel like drawing an analogy about how basically we are all alike underneath it all. Only until I look closely at the leaves in my path. Each one is different from the other. Size, color, texture although they are all from the same kinda trees. I am lost in my observation as a strong gust of wind whips me around and blows my similarity theory away with it.
My my! What are you trying to prove mister? We know we cannot live without u, can't describe you much without seeing you can I? Let go of my scarf now will you.

Instinctively I brace myself against the headlong gust of wind and look up into the skies.
I am blinded by the clear brilliant blue. Just a few tufts of white cotton floating around to break up the blue. Maybe, that is a palette more colorful than the landscape around. Every time I look up I find a different shade displayed. Making me wonder how I would look in a dress that shade?

Musing thus, I pass the school grounds which are a bright green after the night showers; I soak up the clam of the street at this hour. Soon it will be transformed into the excess energy zone any school is; kids running around, playing games and making a ruckus in general.

The school guard waves a “have a good weekend” from across the street as she gets ready to hande the morning traffic. As I wave back I see no reason why it would not be.
*~*~*~*

No comments: