Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Another winter day has come

And gone away
And even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home

This year my tolerance for the winter chill has gone down severely. Since I had given up on the thought of going home, it was all the more unbearable. But winter hasn't quite taken off this year. Maybe the nature gods are on my side, I thought. Somehow the year seems to have been too long and yet time seems to have flown by.

And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel alone
Oh, let go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

I make new friends at an alarming rate. It is sometimes scary actually. Very disorienting in too, emotionally i.e. People come and go every few months. Groups form and scatter every year. As I begin to see a pattern it disintegrates and a new one takes its place [Builds resilience i hear ;) ]

Amidst all this chaos there is a beacon which keeps things in line. One thought which makes sense and keeps all confusion at bay. Took me a long time to realize but yea, there is always one place I can go to for constancy [even if it is constant lunacy ;)] Home!!

Let me go home
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home

If you really want something there is always some way to find it. Despite dozens of nagging questions and if's and but's & maybe's and may-not be's I have made up my mind and booked the tickets! yeayyyyy!
I am going home! actually in the 4 yrs i have been here never have i been more thrilled abt going home as this year! i really can't put a finger on why?
[I deeply suspect it is all cos of the nostalgia filled blogs Scary writes :D now i can stop being jealous and go enjoy my own trip ;)]

As soon as the thought takes shape, my mind is flooded with images of people, the house which has been my permanent address for quite sometime now, the streets in my area where practically everyone knows everyone else. new people come and go but the old original set has weathered its way thru the years.
hmm..... so much do! i run out of breath as my mind makes its way down an invisible list.
The fav hang outs, discovering new ones, places to check upon, deals to bargain in the little unknown gali's and of course scores of ppl to meet!! uff! 3 weeks is never enough time is it? But we shall make it worth it!! :)

Let me go home
It will all right
I’ll be home tonight
I’m coming back home

- from Micheal Buble's Home

10 comments:

Jacob Mathai said...

I like your blog title.

Anonymous said...

nice blog. :-) was thinking the same just this evening. winter does make the realisation of existence painful and home more dear. :-)

El enigma said...

nice :) enjoy ur trip back home :):)

enig!

Reshmi said...

thanks i guess jacob, it is completely un-original :P

thanks bleu :) yea the season and all that "coming home for the holidays" thing gets to us i think.

thanks enig! hope to :D

Ashu M said...

Have a Most Awesome(tm) trip home, R!
The spur-of-the-moment ones are the best!

Crystal Blur said...

Reminds me of the Ozzy song, "Mama I'm coming home." I am sure you will have loads of fun and great food.
-Crys :)

Priya Sivan said...

Reshmi..so can i expect a post on how u got lost as per ur comment in my blog or is it already posted ? :))))

Priyamvada_K said...

Reshmi,
Enjoy the time at home. Those few days are what provide us sustenance for coming back!

Priya.

RamaDrama said...

Hey Reshmi,
Just came here to check what had happened to u..i guess ur in India!Enjoy ur stay!

Anonymous said...

Another Winter's day.. come summer's day truly warm truly dry truly! But oft each day marks the passengers' enjoyment or not within their day. Ongoing, but ne'er time to think, to act. Waste time and.. another Winter's day. Come to annoy, to destroy, time itself is the destroyer...